Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Second Weigh In

Original Weight: 293
Last Weight: 279
Current Weight: 278 (Now I'm breezin' through the 270s!)
Change in Weight: -1
Lbs to Goal 1 Weight: 2
Goal 1 Prize: New Dress Pants (I want to wear them by next week!)
Lbs to Goal 2 Weight: 10
Goal 2 Prize: Mom pays for my dreaded speeding ticket without complaint.
Current Points Used Today: 1
Current Week Points Left: 35
Current Activity Points Today: 0
Current Activity Weekly Total: 0
Total Activity Points: 66
Current Mood: Ecstatic!!!!!

Ooh, I was nervous this morning. I hemmed and hawed quite a bit before I went to the scale this morning. I knew it was the offical weigh in, and whatever I put on the scale today, I had to put into the website, no pussyfooting around. So I didn't eat, I talked to the kids before they left for hockey, I did some laundry. Then, finally I had no other choice.

I almost did a little dance when I saw the BMI score, and when I switched it to weight, I did do a little dance. Offically I am down a pound and a half!! Holla!! I was jumping up and down. Well as much as you can jump up and down on the Wii Fit.

You know how you always read those stories on weight loss websites? So and so lost 50, 100, 150 pounds. It was easy, the change came so simply....ugh...they always make it sound so damn easy! And so you think, "yeah! I could totally do this to!" With this diet, I feel like one of those people. Now that I have actively made the change in my head, it's so simple.

I think it's like drug addicts. They always say you can keep helping them and helping them, but nothing is going to come of it, until they do it for themselves. And maybe that is just it. I was addicted to food, like a drug. But now I am ready to help myself. Ready to change. Ready to be a new person, to lead a new life, to have new goals.

The scary part of the whole thing, is that those stories, the ones of great success, always have a little warning tagged on to the end. "Results not typical." I know it's just to save them from some asinine lawsuit, but it is true isn't it? Out of the, what has to be thousands of people who try this diet, how many fail? Because they aren't ready, or they don't care, or countless other reasons?

I am not going to be one of those people. I am going to be one of the success stories. The ones who have the crazy huge weight loss and claim it was easy. Easy because there was a change in their thinking, or life, or whatever.

15 pounds down, 128 to go. Maybe more.

No comments:

Post a Comment